Our established lettings and property management department continues to grow, making us the leading specialist for town and country properties in our area.
Our approach is what sets us apart. We treat each property that we manage as if it were our own.
We are a highly experienced and qualified team who pride ourselves on providing an efficient and personal service.
We take tremendous care in managing your property, using our local market knowledge, attention to detail and a modern approach to deliver an exceptional service. As members of ARLA our service is quality assured and our staff are qualified, knowledgeable, and up to date with the latest legislative requirements and safety advice.
Why choose Atwell Martin to manage your property?
• We treat each property that we manage as if it were our own
• We are members of ARLA who set the highest standards within the lettings industry
• We advertise all properties in our office window and on both Rightmove and Zoopla, ensuring photography is regularly updated
• We use an independent third party APIP qualified clerk to draw up the inventory and check-out, providing more security to both landlord and tenant
• We operate a zero spend policy offering full transparency and expenditure control to our landlords
• Our staff complete periodic inspections of each property
• We offer an emergency out of hours service which operates 24/7, offering an over-the-phone diagnosis service to tenants and instructing emergency response contractors if and when required
Services Offered – Landlords
We recognise the varying needs of Landlords and offer three levels of service as follows;
Full Management Service
Our full management service takes care of the whole letting and management process. We advise on the preparation of the property for letting and market the property to find a suitable tenant who must pass our thorough reference checks (this includes a credit check, income reference and landlord reference). We handle preparation of the tenancy agreement, notify the local authority and utility suppliers of the change in tenancy and register the deposit with the Tenancy Deposit Scheme. During the tenancy we handle all rent collection, compliance and maintenance issues, tenant queries, complete periodic property inspections and complete regular rent reviews. At the end of the tenancy we will organise for the check-out to be completed and handle the deposit return whilst organising the swift re-letting of the property.
Tenant Find and Rent Collection
Our tenant find and rent collection service manages the marketing and tenancy administration elements of the process including marketing of the property, reference checks, preparation of the tenancy agreement, registration of the deposit, organising the inventory, notifying the local authority and utility suppliers, collection of rent and serving of notices.
Tenant Find Only
Our tenant find only service takes care of the start of the process including marketing of the property, reference checks, preparation of the tenancy agreement, registration of the deposit, organising the inventory, arranging for the tenant to enter the property and notifying the local authority and utility suppliers.
Our fees for the Tenant Find Only, Rent Collection and Full Management Service vary dependent on the level of service required and the size of portfolio. Please contact our team to arrange a free market appraisal of your property and agree a fee specific to your property and requirements.
Tenant Find Only Service: 90% of first months’ rent (75% of first months’ rent excl VAT)
Rent Collection Service: 12% of rent (10% of rent excl VAT)
Full Management Service: 15% of rent (12.5% of rent excl VAT)
£240.00 Referencing Fee – to include the referencing of two tenants and payable upon an offer being accepted subject to referencing. Should additional references be required, the cost will be £60 per tenant of guarantor.
£144.00 Tenancy Agreement Fee – to include the preparation and drawing up of the tenancy agreement.
£114.00 – £186.00 Inventory Fee dependent on the number of bedrooms and/or size of the property and outbuildings – to organise a detailed schedule of condition supported by photographs.
£144.00 Tenancy Renewal Fee – to include contract negotiation, amending and updating terms and arranging a further tenancy agreement.
£60.00 Deposit Registration Fee – to include registering the landlord and tenant details and protect the security deposit with the TDS and provide the tenant with the deposit certificate and prescribed information within 30 days of the start of the tenancy.
£15.00 Contractors Arrangement Fee – this fee is incurred by contractors per job when works instructions are made and this cost may be passed to the landlord.
£54.00 Excess Time Management – for additional management time spent above and beyond our usual duties.
£36.00 Minimum Management Charge per property per month – the minimum management charge whilst the property is tenanted.
£102.00 Check-Out Fee – to include agreeing the check-out appointment with the tenant, completing the check-out and negotiating any disbursement of the deposit with the landlord and tenant, instructing any necessary remedial quotes/works.
£144.00 Service of Notices – The service of Notices under the Rent or Housing Act including but not limited to Notice to Quite, Section 8, 21 and 13 Notices. This will be included within the Full Management Service.
Should instructions to let the property be withdrawn, we will have to make a charge for out of pocket expenses however this will not exceed £180.00 unless you have authorised and agreed additional expenses in excess of this amount.
Please note that Atwell Martin receives a referral fee relating to insurance and this fee varies per property.
All fees specified above are inclusive of VAT.
Please contact our lettings team who will be delighted to answer any queries you may have or arrange a free market appraisal.
Services Offered - Tenants
We offer a wide range of quality properties and our staff are fully committed to helping you find the perfect home. We are members of ARLA who set the standards within the industry and we pride ourselves on providing an efficient and personal service.
We guide tenants through the entire rental process, from initial registration to viewings, applications, references, tenancy agreements and moving in.
Once you are settled in your new home, our friendly team are available to answer any queries you may have during the tenancy.
We endeavor to resolve maintenance issues as quickly as possible, keeping you fully updated with progress. We also offer an emergency out of hours service which operates 24/7, offering an over-the-phone diagnosis service to tenants and instructing emergency response contractors if and when required.
If you have any queries or would like to register your interest, please contact the office where our team will be delighted to help you.
For properties in England, the Tenant Fees Act 2019 means that in addition to rent, lettings agents can only charge tenants (or anyone acting on the tenant’s behalf) the following permitted payments:
• Holding deposits (a maximum of 1 week’s rent);
• Deposits (a maximum deposit of 5 weeks’ rent for annual rent below £50,000, or 6 weeks’ rent for annual rental of £50,000 and above);
• Payments to change a tenancy agreement eg. change of sharer (capped at £50 or, if higher, any reasonable costs);
• Payments associated with early termination of a tenancy (capped at the landlord’s loss or the agent’s reasonably incurred costs);
• Utilities, communication services (eg. telephone, broadband), TV licence and council tax;
• Interest payments for the late payment of rent (up to 3% above Bank of England’s annual percentage rate);
• Reasonable costs for replacement of lost keys or other security devices;
• Contractual damages in the event of the tenant’s default of a tenancy agreement; and
• Any other permitted payments under the Tenant Fees Act 2019.
In addition to publishing relevant fees, lettings agents are also required to publish details of:
• the redress scheme they are a member of; and
• the name of the approved or designated Client Money Protection scheme they are a member of (if any).
Atwell Martin is a member of the Propertymark Client Money Protection Scheme and a member of The Property Ombudsman, which is a redress scheme. Please see our website for more details.
All fees specified above are inclusive of VAT.